So Saturday night we had a company bbq to celebrate the 20th anniversary of my Dad's company being in business. We had a nice time and had yummy steaks and a lof of sides to go along with it. At 2 am that night Karson woke up to eat and as I got out of bed to go get him this pain was stabbing at my insides. I fed him and put him back to bed and got out the heating pad to see if that would help. I was in bed until 4 am in severe pain when I finally woke Tyler up, I didn't want to go to the hospital but I didn't know what else to do! So we dropped Karson off at my mom and dads, and drove up to Alta View ER, they got us in pretty fast, had to stick me again for more blood and stick an IV in me, the Dr came in and asked me some questions and thought it sounded like my gallbladder to him, so he gave me some pain meds nad nausea meds which helped a lot and came back about 40 mins later with a small ultrasound machine, which he then proceeded to tell me I have a large gallstone on my gallbladder and the steak is probably what set it off. So he says I have to get a more " thorough" ultrasound from the hospital and then he would reccommend for me to get it out.
So I called this morning and the soonest they can get me in for an ultrasound is Thursday morning at 7:30 am and then hopefully next week I can get my gallbladder taken out. I have heard from a lot of people the surgery isn't that difficult, I am just scared to have to go under all the way, the last time I did that I was a senior in High School and it was for my wisdom teeth. So I am glad to know we know what is exactly wrong now, but i want it out. They gave me pain meds to take home, but obviously I can't take those in the day and drive with them, so I can only take them at night, and I can only eat specific things, so it won't irritate the gallbladder! Lovely! The good news is, the surgery will basically be free since I have met my insurance deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums!
6 comments:
Thanks for the comment. Yes my baby boy's name is Luke. Another werid thing that we have in common is that I am pretty sure that I need my gallbladder out as well. Since my pregnancy with Emily I have had this aweful pain anytime I eat anything fatty. My doctor told me it is probably my gallbladder. I just keep putting off getting it checked out. I am with you I don't want to be put out. I have only been put out once and that was when I was pregnant with Luke. I should just go. Although it does make me avoid fatty food. You will have to let me know how it goes. I am going to add you to my friends and family list as well. Oh and how do you know Amanda?
Good luck. I'm with you on the getting put out thing. I've only had that happen with my wisdom teeth too.
I'm glad that you know what it is that has been bothering you and that it can be taken care of fairly easily. Too bad you have to wait so long to have it removed though! Good luck ! love ya
That is good that they figured it all out. I had my gallbladder taken out a few years ago. Don't worry you will do great!
So glad you know what it is. That ER visit sounds SO similar to mine, it was almost funny to read! Good luck with the surgery. Plan on about a week before you feel better. If you need any help feel free to call.
Good luck BreeAnn- I hope that it is a very quick recovery!
Post a Comment