Friday, December 12, 2008

The past Two nights

Wow! So this has been an insanely busy week for Ty and I full of fun Christmasy things! On Wednesday night we had Ty's office Christmas Party. It was up at Log Haven resort and it was so pretty (and a little cold) up there. It started off with very good appetizers of stuffed artichoke hearts (so good) and these fried mushrooms (so good) and some other things. For dinner we had rolls, spinach salad and I had a pasta dish that had a lot of mushrooms in it, so I was happy and Tyler got baked chicken in a really good sauce with some rice. For dessert we had a very good chocolate cake.

After dinner we went into this really pretty decorated room and played this awesome trivia game. They had a company that digitaly does games, we each had our own individual key pad to key in our answers, and there was a timer and you had to do it as fast as you could. There was a jeaopardy type game, Christmas Trivia (which sorry to say I rocked at :)) and then a game like Who wants to be a Millionaire. I was in the top 3 of every game so I always had to do some activity after the round. I had to sing Karaokee to Dancing Queen and some other things, it was fun. In the end I came in 2nd place over all, so Ty got to pick a prize 2nd. The prizes were all disguised in bags so we didn't know what we were picking and we ended up getting a digital camera. Since we already have one, Ty wanted to take the camera back and get an Ipod touch, which we did last night. So Ty now has an Ipod touch and is excited about it.

The party didn't get over until about 10:45 so it was a lot of fun just a long day!

Thursday I didn't have to go into work which was nice, so Karson and I did some cleaning and some major laundry duty. Laundry is never ever ending. That night we were able to go to Desert Star Playhouse with my family for thier Christmas show. This year there was a little girl in it, this is the first I have ever seen a child in a play there and she did really well. We had some yummy pizza and Tyler laughed pretty hard at this one. At the end they always do a little singing routine with some comedy and this guy impersonated George Bush with a Christmas poem and it was SO FUNNY! That was the best part of the whole night!

It's been fun being able to do some Christmas things to get us in the Christmas spirit. Tonight we are going to the Concert at the Conference Center so that should be fun as well! Saturday I am getting all the rest of my Christmas projects done!

1 comment:

rYLeE & KaTiE said...

You have been a busy busy girl this week!!! By contrast, I have been a boring boring girl this week. Oh well... Sounds like fun and of course you would rock the trivia games!!!

That is awesome that Tyler got an i-pod touch... Geez, everyone in the family is getting a new i-pod except Rylee. Poor boy... Hopefully we can get him one in '09 for sure though! He definitely had i-pod-envy!