Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Eve....12/24/2010

Christmas Eve we got up and got ready and headed to one of our favorite pizza places, Sweet Home Chicago Pizza, they do a family deal, where you get a family sized italian salad, a small cheesebread and sauce and a large thin crust two topping pizza, we really like thier pizza and so do Kaili and Karson, all of that food is $19.95. After lunch we went and visited my Grandma McDermott, Karson was a little wound up because he was tired and didn't feel good, we wanted to go to Easton's grave, but thought we better get Karson home to take a nap. While Karson was napping I got some odds and ends things done, and then at about 4:30 we headed over to Tyler's parents house. We had a very yummy dinner of rolls, mashed potatoes, chicken, raspberry jello, salad and stuffing. It was all very good. After dinner we got ready to open some presents. The kids opened thier stockings first, and each of them got a zhu zhu pet, Mike & Ike candy, starburst, doughnuts, juice and some other treats.




Karson got a really cool dump truck that makes noise, moves forwards and backwards and dumps things...he loves it. He also got a tool set, that looks like real tools and the tools does all kinds of things. And he got some new clothes.

Larry made this beautiful cradle for Kaili for her babies and then Kaili got a REAL camera, she loves it! And she got a really cute outfit as well.

I think when she first opened her camera she was kind of confused, because she couldn't believe she got a real camera, since she opened it she has carried it everywhere with her in her new purse!

After the kids opened up thier gifts Tyler and I started on ours. Kay always gives me a necklace or something for Easton on Christmas, and they always have a quote that goes with them, of course it makes me cry every year, but I really appreciate it. I wear the necklaces a lot and it reminds me that he lives inside my heart. I had lilke 8 presents to open from Kay and Larry because I didn't ask her for one big specific thing, so it was fun to open a bunch of presents. I got 3 new cook books from them, Paula Dean's Family Cook book that I have wanted forever, Martha Stewart cupcake book, and the World Wide Ward Christmas Cookbook. I got 2 new pairs of boots, one I had asked for and the other was a surprise! Love them both. I got some plastic containers for all of my 12 x 12 scrapbook paper, and then a scrapbook carrier that can fit more of my paper and stickers! I also got a new pair of maternity jeans that I badly needed and a new maternity sweater! I think that covers it! Ty of course got $$$ for the TV and a new RED University of Utah Polo! This is for him to wear to his sister Chalese's softball games since she does play for the U and All :)

Karson playing with his dump truck!
Kars getting ready to open his Christmas Eve jammies from Ty and I. We got home from Ty's parents house around 9:00 and Kaili wanted to track Santa so we got online and spotted all the places Santa had already been ,pretty cool stuff you can see these days! Then we read some Christmas stories, and Kaili watched Mickey Saves Santa.. the kids fell asleep around 10:45 and so did Ty on Kaili's bed....I went downstairs turned on A Christmas Story and finished up the Christmas things I had to wake up Ty around midnight and we didn't go to bed until after 1:00....good times...being a parent at Christmas is much different than being a kid! :)

Photobucket

No comments: