Monday, December 14, 2009

Sing, Sing, Sing.....

Around Christmas time I always get nostolgic about when I used to sing all the time. I started taking singing lessons when I was in 5th grade. I loved every second of it. I started performing all over the place, County Fairs, 4th of July fairs, The Dickens Festivel, the malls, the 49th Street Galleria, Lagoon, The Scarecrow Festivel, Raging Waters, I took two trips to California and sang at Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, Disneyland Hotel, it was SO MUCH fun! I sang at school and at church a lot. I miss performing and that feeling of anxiety right before you step on stage. I have never claimed to be the best singer ever, but feel I can carry a tune. :) The older I get I feel like that talent is slowly slipping away from me. It makes me sad when I think about, life gets so hectic and crazy, so where is a 27 year old mom going to sing at? No where really.

They don't do the Dickens Festivel anymore, but I loved going to that. They would have a bunch of little shops set up and all different kinds of food! It always put me in the Christmas spirit. Last night I was just really thinking about this for some reason, I almost started crying I miss it so much! At least Karson loves my voice and when I sing to him, he will try to sing with me! :)

2 comments:

katiekimmcdermott said...

Ok, I don't know how you feel like singing is slipping away!! I LOVE listening to you sing. I am always so intimidated around you and Bethanie since I am tone deaf.

You have a fabulous talent and I don't think its going anywhere!!

staci said...

Hey BreeAnn-This is Staci (Erika's sister in law). I check your blog occasionally. Anyway, just thought I'd let you know that they do a Dickens Festival down here in St. George every year. I think its the first weekend of December. So maybe next year you can come and go to it! Just thought I'd let you know!

ps-huge fan of The Bachelor too! I will for sure be watching to see what happens with Jake!