Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend 2009

We started off Thanksgiving weekend by going to the TSO concert and to dinner at Tucano's downtown! It was sooo yummy and the concert was so much fun! Thanks Mom and Dad for the tickets and dinner and thank you to Larry and Kay for having a late night with the kids! We are so lucky to have such great families!

We had Thanksgiving this year at Tyler's grandmas. I thought I would try and be ambitious and bring a chocolate pie. I have never made pie before and tried to follow my moms recipe. Needless to say it did NOT turn out at all and we had chocolate pie soup...if that! I was really bummed about that. Karson loved the mashed potatoes, stuffing and rolls and ate a ton! I thought everything was really good and ecspecially loved Kay's rolls, and the stuffing! Yum! We went home that night and watched Home Alone.
Friday Tyler put some lights out on the tree in our front yard, thanks babe. I got out the Christmas stuff and we started decorating. We went to lunch at Wingers and then ran to Wal-Mart for a few things. We went and saw " A Christmas Carol" in 3D with my family. Karson only lasted about 30 minutes and then he was done, my mom was nice enought to go outside and wait with him, but I felt bad that she had to miss the last part of the movie. I liked the movie,but it was a little scary for Kaili. We finished decorating our tree that night. I got out a snow globe that I have that plays music and Karson just loves it. It's so cute to watch him dance to it.

It is fun watching Karson experience Christmas this year, he gets excited and his eyes light up!

Sunday we celebrated Bethanies, ( nov 28) Rylee ( dec 18) and Katie (dec 25) birthdays at my parents house. We had a nice dinner and two yummy pies for dessert. My mom and dad gave us an early Christmas present of a Santa night light and the statue of a Santa kneeling over a baby Jesus. I LOVE it. It made me think of Easton. I miss him lots around Christmas time. We had a good weekend and I am looking forward to celebrating the holidays in December. It's always a busy, crazy time, but it is one of the best times as well! :)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Fun! We were thinking of going to the Christmas Carol movie but I'm worried it would be too much for Abi at this point so we'll probably skip it.