Thursday, June 18, 2009

Dear Karson,

Dear Karson,
Exactly one year ago today at 11:00 at night my water broke, and I started going into labor. So many emotions were running through my mind, I started shaking, and crying and smiling, I didn't know what to do. Would everything turn out ok? Would I be able to take care of you? Would I be a good enough mom? I didn't know, all I knew is you were coming and I was so excited to meet you.

It was a long hard labor, 21 hours in fact. I was having neck spasams, I could feel the pressure and the contractions and I was so, so tired. But you came and you were perfect, and you were mine.

Karson you were the light that I needed to shine for me at the end of my blackened tunnel. You brought me sunshine and laughter and peace. Losing your brother was the hardest thing I have had to face so far in my life, and you saved me. Your calm, sweet and loving spirit was sent to me for a reason. I thank God every day for loving me enough to give me you.

Tomorrow you will be 1 year old! It has gone by way too fast! I love watching you grow and learn new things. I love your laugh and your kisses you freely give me. Thank you for being the little boy that you are. I have loved every minute of being your mom and I can't imagine a life without you in it.

I love you so much! Happy Birthday Baby Boy!

3 comments:

Katerina said...

Very sweet! Happy birthday, Karson!

katiekimmcdermott said...

Beautifully written BreeAnn...

Happy Birthday Karson! Your Aunt Katie & Uncle Rylee love you SO much!!! I can't believe you're already 1, it seems like just yesterday I was at BreeAnn's shower jokingly telling her that she could have the baby 'tomorrow' and what'dya know- you must have been listening! :)

jeffcam said...

Soooo cute. I can't believe he's already one. :)