Monday, January 5, 2009

My word...

Happy 2009 everyone! My friend did a post on her blog about her "word" for 2009. I was thinking about that exact same thing for myself when I was reading her post, so I thought I would post my word that I am going to strive and be for the new year.
My word is DETERMINED

My whole life people have always commented to me that I am a "strong" person or I have a "strong" personality. Sometimes I felt like that was just a cop out to say to someone while they are going through hard times. But the older I get and the more that I think about my life and what I have been through, I do feel like I am a strong person in some form of the saying. And by being a strong person I feel like I have determination to do the things that I know I can do. I am determined to help myself become the better part of me. I always say that each and every human being on this earth could write a book about themselves and we would all find it intriguing. Every chapter of our life molds us into who we are, the only problem with writing a book about ourselves is that it could never end, because we are constantly evolving as human beings. So for my personal reasons, and to add a new chapter onto the Book of BreeAnn I have chosen the word determined, because that is what I choose to be this year!

I am determined to have more patience and to not the little things get to me so much, because in the end they don't really matter.

I am determined to be healthier. I know how to do it, I know I can do it, and I am determined to make it happen.

I am determined to be more positive and optimistic. I have a good life. It's not always easy, it's not always perfect. But it is good, and fulfilling and happy. I need to remind myself of that more often.

I am determined to make sure I have some sort of " Date night" once a week with my husband. Life is so hectic with us both working, Ty going back to school, and kids. I am determined to make sure my husband knows that I can and will make time for him.

I am determined to keep the goals that I have set for myself, some are religious, some are personal and some are physical. But I know I can do them.

And I am determined to start appreciating the person I have become. My best friend and I talked a couple of weeks ago, about how in High School we were so caught up with wanting to look perfect and be perfect and have the perfect friends, and perfect boyfriend, that nothing was ever good enough. I know now that I am good enough, and that I will NEVER be perfect. All I can do is try to be the best me. I know I will have bad days, but I am determined to make sure the good out weighs the bad!

What is your word?


4 comments:

sweet nectar sara said...

These sound great!
Happy New Year :)

Cheryl said...

Good one. I really enjoyed reading this. I agree that everyone's life could be a fascinating read. So many people would think that their life isn't interesting but it really is amazing to learn everyone's background.

The Judd Family said...

I wish that way back in the day you could have seen yourself through the eyes of others. Remember that we are our worst critics...and trust me, you are a beautiful, loving, caring, amazing person. I loved the person you were...and who you have become. I am just blessed to have shared in your journey. I'm glad you finally see how special you are.
Happy New Year!
Love ya

Kim said...

I love that BreeAnn. I want to be determined also but I will have to think of my word! Thanks for the fun idea...