Ok people I need your advice/help/comments. I know I have mentioned on my blog before about the trip that Ty and I have been saving up for the past two years. In June we will be able to access that money and plan our big vacation! I am so excited. We were looking into Hawaii, but it is quite pricey and might be a little more than our budget can go. BUT our next idea was a cruise! I have never been on one, but have heard they are so much fun! So I think we are leaning towards a cruise! So I need your help. What are the good cruise lines? Where are good places to go? Any one who has been on a cruise,please help us! Thanks!Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Cruise....
Ok people I need your advice/help/comments. I know I have mentioned on my blog before about the trip that Ty and I have been saving up for the past two years. In June we will be able to access that money and plan our big vacation! I am so excited. We were looking into Hawaii, but it is quite pricey and might be a little more than our budget can go. BUT our next idea was a cruise! I have never been on one, but have heard they are so much fun! So I think we are leaning towards a cruise! So I need your help. What are the good cruise lines? Where are good places to go? Any one who has been on a cruise,please help us! Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Are you wanting a short cruise or a longer cruise? Are you inviting friends to go with you? Because we'd sure love to go. LOL
I went to Ensenada and Catalina back in High School and that was fun. My sister is going on a Disney cruise and I heard that was a ball for those that have been on that before. I don't know that you could go wrong with any cruise :) WOO HOO
Love ya!
Thanks Saturday was fun. I'm looking forward to seeing you and Ty on Feb 21st. :)
We have been on Princess and Norweigen...Norweigen was WAY better. You can sit by yourself at dinner and the food was so much better then the other. We have been to the Western Carribean and Alaska. Alaska was amazing and we saw some really neat ruins in Mexico.
I went down the Mexican Riviera a few years ago on Carnival. It was a lot of fun, but my biggest recommendation is don't go during Hurricane season...that was not a fun part. Also, make sure you do some excursions when you port, that's where you'll get to see so much neat stuff! Also, shop around on the internet, you can get some pretty good deals! Good luck!
I went on a 3-day cruise to Mexico when I was in High School on Royal Caribbean and on a 7-day cruise to San Juan, St Thomas and St Martin on Carnival, when I was 19. I loved Carnival. The food was great, the activities were fun, and the crew were so nice. I recommend them over Royal Caribbean.
my grandparents did the princess to alaska and they said it was the BEST!! i have only done the catalina-ensanada one and it was way fun. no matter what you do it will be fun to to get away together.
Obviously you know that I haven't ever been on a cruise, but someone I used to work with in Providence had been on 10+ and said Disney cruises really were the best. He said Disney and Carnival were the best two!
Good luck! I am jealous!! I want to go on a cruise SO bad... We are going to maybe try for our anniversary next year depending on the internship situation....
I loved going on Carnival to the Mexican Riviera - it was the BEST!! Our stops were Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo. I LOVED Cabo and Mazatlan was pretty good too...I could have done without Puerta Vallarta. We want to go on another one someday, maybe next year but we'll see with finances. We're looking at doing the Western Carribean - it goes to Cozumel Mexico, Grand Cayman and Jamaica...
Well I went on a cruise to ensenada and catalina. That was fun but kind of the cheapie of cruises. I hear Belize and Cozmel are great! If you seriously want to go to Hawaii let me know. I am the queen of bargain shopping to get there. We own a timeshare in Maui and about 5 years ago Ian and I flew round trip from LAX to Maui for $225 each. That was my great deal, but if you book out of California or Las Vegas you can usually get great deals on airfare. You can either drive or book a seperate flight from Salt Lake. Just let me know if you are still considering Hawaii. My family goes every year and I used to until I had Luke.
Michael went with his fam on a Disney Cruise, Disney Cruise Line, and he loved it! He wants to for sure do one with me some day. Holland America and Carnival are good too. Michael says the key is to know the age of the ship, the newer the ship the better the cruise. (his mom who is a travel agent says that.)
Love to cruise! You can't go wrong with carnival or royal caribbean. I wasn't too impressed with norweigan. All in all, it's a great time no matter where you go!
Post a Comment