So friends, I need some advice. We are going to Disneyland in May with my family, it is a sweet deal because my parents are using thier time shares, so we can all stay in two big suites for free. So that is a huge savings to us to not have to pay for a hotel. And my brother is going with his twin boys that are Kaili's age and we thought it would be fun for her to go with them. We are driving there, so that is a long drive. Karson HATES being in his car seat for more than a couple of hours, when I drive up to Brigham City to get Kaili I just hope that he falls asleep so he doesn't get bored and mad being cramped up for so long.
So I have been playing with the idea of leaving him here. Ty's parent's already said that they could watch him for us. He will be 11 months, and he wouldn't have any fun at Disneyland any way. It would be hot, he won't remember the trip, he can't go on any rides and the car ride, I don't think would be very fun. We thought it would be a good oppurtunity for us to spend some one on one time with Kaili. And when Ty and I do our big trip the end of this summer I would have to leave him then any way. So the question is...
Am I bad mom for leaving him for a week?
Should I bring him with me and just deal with the stroller and the diapers and the car ride?
I know it will be sad to leave him and I will feel bad, if he starts wondering where Ty and I are, and why he hasn't seen us for awhile, but I think it would be better to leave him here. And eventually we are going to have to leave our kids sometimes to go on trips etc, so I hope you all don't think I am a horrible person and you can give me good reassurance.
Thanks guys!
12 comments:
Do it.
I think everyone needs some time away and I'm sure Kaili will love the extra attention.
How tall is Kaili? If she is under 40" then I would bring him because he'll be able to go on all the same rides anyways, but if she's over 40" and not afraid of the big rides, I can understand maybe not taking him.
Jamin's first time at Disneyland he was only 10 months old and he loved it. Yeah he doesn't remember it, but that's what cameras are for.
Just my opinion!
I just think that you will be sad not having him there everytime you see someone else with their baby.
Of course you are not a bad mom! I think it's a great idea to be able to spend some one on one time with Kaili. I think you will enjoy your time better with not having to deal with the "baby" stuff (diapers, crying baby on the long car ride, etc.) Keep in mind that this is coming from someone who doesn't have kids...but will soon be a step mom and I think she would love the time with you and Ty!
leave him and enjoy!
even babies need a break from mom :)
I don't think it's horrible of you to leave Karson.
He won't remember the trip anyway and it'll put more stress on you trying to take care of him.
Plus, you know he'll be in good hands.
My parents took my older sister to Disneyland and left my older brother and I with my Grandma when I was about that same age, and I don't remember a dang thing.
The only reason I know about it is because it's written in my baby book. :D
Relax and enjoy!
BreeAnn, I have a plan, leave Karson and take me! I will leave Jada with Ty. Then, we can have all sorts of FUN!
Hey there cuz! How are you doing? I'm okay. That is awesome that you and your family will be going to Disneyland in May. You guys will have a blast! You are definetly not a bad mother for leaving Karson with his grandparents. You are an exellent mother. I think we have all been left at our grandparents when we were younger while our parents have been on trips without us. But if you go bring Karson with you to Disneyland you need to get a thing called the baby pass. It lets you get on all of the big rides by getting on at the exits. We used it when we took my nieces there for their first time. Rylee was almost 2 and Alyssa was 3 months old. Tyler and Tonya would go on the ride while my dad and I watched the kids. Then, when they got off the ride my dad and I would go on the ride. I think it works so much faster then the fast past. If you do leave Karson with his grandparents I think you can still use the baby pass with Kaili. Take care and have a great new week!!! Have a great weekend!!!
Are you kidding me...a week with Grandma will be like Disneyland to Karson...spoiled rotten! I say leave him. He's at the age where he might not be able to walk yet...and wont want to be kept in a stroller all day. He'll want to be down moving around, and you can't do that at Disneyland! This will be a good time to spend time with Kaili, and for her to have you guys all to herself! Not to mention a much more relaxing trip for you! Karson will miss you, but rest assured he'll get over it! You'll go again an be able to take him then!
I think whatever feels right to you is the right decision and no one will think you're a bad parent for any reason!
I don't know what I would do. My parents never did anything without us. I have never been away overnight from Abi... so I don't know what to tell you. Most people have.
All I could think is that it might be harder with him there and Kaili might really like having all the attention so it's a hard one.
Trust your gut.
Go with your gut, I never had that option so Cooper was always along for the ride. If I would have had the opportunity I might just have taken it. Have fun either way.
I would leave him. Everything you said is true, he won't remember it and it will be a pain for you i nthe car, etc. What a fun trip!
Do you think you will be sad though to look back at pictures adn not see him in them? I woudl be sad about that but I guess you gotta outweigh all your options. Good luck making a decision. Thats a hard one!
Post a Comment