Monday, May 5, 2008

Weekend

Well our weekend was pretty low key, and thank goodness for that, because I am exhausted! I have been getting headaches, and I can't sleep at night. Friday we just hung out at home and played with Kaili and watched the Jazz game. I made some ministrone soup and that was about it. Saturday we ran some errands and went to lunch at Sconecutter and at the last minute decided to go and See " Horton Hears A Who" with Kaili. She liked it, but at times got a little bored with it. Tyler and I liked it and thought it was pretty cute. After the movie, we ran some more errands and went home, Kaili fell asleep in the car and took a nap. We needed to get some cleaning done, so Ty started on the garage, and I dusted, and cleaned the downstairs bathroom and cleaned the counters in the kitchen.Ty then swept and mopped the kitchen for me, because my hips were already aching. The garage looks a lot better and it was nice to get some cleaning done. Now I need to work on the upstairs.
Any way after cleaning and Kaili woke up from her nap we went over to Sweet Tomatoes! Tyler is really sick of this place, but Kaili loves it and I do too, and since I am trying to eat really healthy lately it is good for me to go there. So he was a trooper. Then we went over to my mom and Dads to say Hi since they were leaving for Irealnd early Sunday morning.
Sunday was the usual with church and then we went over to Tyler's parents to celebrate my birthday dinner. They made a yummy meal of Grilled BBQ chicken or teriyaki breasts to put on wheat rolls with lettuce, tomatoes, onions and pickles. They were very yummy! We also had broccoli and cauliflower, wild rice and cabbage salad. For dessert Larry made a peach cobbler it was so good with some vanilla icecream on top! So good! One of my favorite treats! For those of you who don't know cabbage salad, is just cabbage, vinegar, oil, lemon and salt and pepper. I had never had it until I met Tyler and I it is good!
We left Ty's parents and drove Kaili part way to meet her mom, then Ty and I ran over to my parents house again as my little sister had my birthday present for me. she had made me a really cute scrapbook with pictures of us in growing up and some poems she found. It was really sweet and yes of course I cried. Thanks Joie, I love you!
Ty and I then went home and watched No Reservations! We love that movie. So all in all it was a pretty great weekend.

1 comment:

Erika said...

That sounds so great! I'm sorry your hips hurt all the time, that's got to be miserable!