Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Today I am thankful for....

I am thankful for books. I love to read! I always have. In 9th grade we had to read " To Kill A Mocking Bird" by Harper Lee. For some reason this book had a profound impact on my life. I try to read it ever year, and I have two copies of it. One, my most treasured copy that is falling apart at the seams, I can't seem to get rid of. The second is just another copy of it for me to read. One day I would love to get it in a nice hard back, but for now my two little paperbacks suffice.

The book is based in a small southern town, it is about family, love, justice, racisim, creulty, unfairness, childhood memories and imagination. I love this book.

I enjoy reading all kinds of books and am fairly open to all styles of writing. I hope one day to publish my own book. That would be a dream come true for me.

Today I am thankful for books!

3 comments:

John said...

Me, too. Books are great. I, of course, am into history and politics, but there really are tons of good books, starting with the scriptures.

I, too, really like To Kill a Mockingbird. It is a very powerful book.

Shilo said...

I love To Kill A Mockingbird. And like you, I loved it the first time I ever read it.
I haven't read it for a LONG time though...Perhaps it should be next on my list...

Scott and Lindsey said...

To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my all-time favorites. I re-read it right before Lucy was born. It gets me every time.

My favorite 3 are,

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
To Kill a Mockingbird
The Book Thief