Thursday, July 10, 2008

A year ago today my world stopped
Frozen in time and the only motion I felt
Were the tears that fell from my face
never ending
Wrapped in blankets of blue
eyes closed and at peace
We held him
But he had returend home

A year ago today
my heart broke
my hands were heavy
and empty
Nothing could have stopped what happened that day
It came so fast so unpredictable

Slowly the hurt melts away and turns into something else
a memory of pain
It is still there but not as strong
We miss him and love him
and know he is watching over us

He was our first child together
our first son
every day we have a thought of him
and he lives inside our hearts

A year ago today
I was living in a nightmare
that I never thought I would have to face
Our little Angel who we met for just a moment
Came to say hello and then left to move on to other things

We love you Easton.
Forver,
Mom and Dad

So I wasn't sure how I would feel today, and I am doing ok. If I think about anything pertaining to Easton, my eyes fill with tears and I start to cry, which is what I thought would happen. I am keeping busy taking care of our other little guy, so I know that has helped. I can't believe everything that has happened this past year, it has been a crazy time, but we have also been very blessed. When I think about last year and everything that happened, I really am surprised how I adjusted to it all. I can't help but wonder what Easton would have looked like as a one year old and that is where it gets hard and sad. I know I will see that side one day, but for now I am left to wonder about it. We are going up to his grave tonight, so that will be good. Any way I knew today would be hard, but I also feel a calm feeling of peace, and for that I am truly grateful.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful poem for Easton! Stay strong and be brave but cry all you want! It is comforting to know that he is in a better place and one day you will be able to raise him and play with him as a one-year old! Take care of your new little guy! He sure is cute!

rYLeE & KaTiE said...

You are such a great writer! We love you and we love our little nephew Easton too! Can't wait until we get to meet him someday when we meet my birth parents and probably siblings. Let me know if you need anything at all. See you this weekend! (hopefully....)

Cheryl said...

I have been thinking about you. Thank you for sharing your beautiful thoughts with us. I hope you can feel all of our love today.

Anonymous said...

That was such a great poem for your little guy! I'm glad you are doing well. My thoughts are with you!

sweet nectar sara said...

i'm sorry for your loss, isn't the knowledge we have of eternal families the greatest comfort? even though you won't raise easton in this earthly life, you have the wonderful honor of being the mother of 2 beautiful sons!

Shilo said...

Thanks for sharing something so deeply personal and difficult.
Sounds like you are doing as well as could be expected, considering everything.

Erika said...

Love the poem, you are great at that. I'm glad you made it thru yesterday. I meant to call but didn't, sorry. Your new little guy is so cute!

Scott and Lindsey said...

Hi BreeAnn,
Sorry I'm just getting back to you. I'm not sure if I have your cell phone, but I can try to track it down. Yes, I'm ready whenever you are for the pictures. He is such a beautiful boy. I'm so excited to meet him.
I'll see if I can get your # from someone and try giving you a call.